Over the past 12 months you might have noticed our Dealer Solutions Manager Jackie Hingston in your dealership as we’ve made a concerted effort to get around and visit all our customers. As part of Jackie’s visit she was conducting a review of each dealerships strengths and weaknesses. However, the good news is that you don’t need to wait until AutoPlay visits you in order to conduct your own self review.
If you feel like your dealership is below average at utilising the AutoPlay Sales Pipeline then the areas to focus on that will provide you with the most improvement are;
· Tell us what you did (i.e load leads and update the Progress)
· Tell us what you are going to do (i.e use the Calendar)
You can measure the number of leads loaded by each salesperson by using the Lead Summary and Conversion or Daily Activity Reports. Simply open the report, select your date range and open the salesperson section to have the report display by salesperson.
The Sales Pipeline Report will give you a breakdown of whether your dealership is progressing the leads being loaded. The goal is to ensure that there is not a disproportionate amount of leads sitting at Awaiting Action, and also allows the dealership to identify areas where the leads are stalling through the road-to-a-sale.
The Morning Meeting Report can be used in order to report back on how well the sales team are using the calendar. It will give managers an instant view of how many calendar events each salesperson has created for the day, and how many are complete.
Once you’ve mastered Level 1, it’s time to advance to Level 2. Whilst Level 1 focuses on simply what you’ve done and what you are going to do, Level 2 ups the game. If you can achieve mastery of Level 2 you will be a competent user of AutoPlay Sales Pipeline;
· Are you using the Test Drive Forms AND making sure to mark your Test Drives as DONE when the customer finishes the Test Drive?
· Are you using the Appraisal Form and benefitting from the MotorWeb/MotorCentral/CarJam integration?
· Are you using the Calendar effectively to minimise the amount of leads falling into Overdue or Stalled?
· Are you using the Morning Meeting Report to help with your daily one-on-ones with the sales team?
· Are you using the Sales Pipeline Report to identify the areas in the road to a sale where your leads are stalling?
· Are you using the Lead Summary and Conversion Report to determine your conversion to Test Drive and Sales?
If you can answer yes to all the questions in Level 1 & Level 2 then congrats – you are more than likely using the Sales Pipeline effectively. That said, it’s time to take it to the next level;
· Do you enter salesperson Lead, Test Drive and Sales targets and measure against this month and last month using the Daily Activity Performance Report?
· Do you enter Lead Source and Lead Campaign costs to measure ROI in the Lead Source and Marketing ROI reports within AutoPlay reporting?
· Have you compared the number of leads at Awaiting Action to your normal Test Drive and Sales conversion figures to determine how much money is sitting in your captured data?
· Do you take advantage of Live Leads to target the captured leads you have yet to sell to? Live Leads allows you to build an audience based on your previously captured leads, and automatically schedule follow up based on their interaction with your email.
· Have you got into In Market Leads yet? In Market Leads is a great way to immediately link potential interested buyers when the dealership loads new listings or lowers the price of existing listings.
We’ve worked hard to make sure the AutoPlay Sales Pipeline is easy to use and intuitive, and we’re proud that many users can pick up the software and with a minimum of assistance start managing their leads via the Dashboard. That said we understand that the primary job of a salesperson is to sell cars, not learn software. From time-to-time it can be beneficial for sales people to have a refresher on AutoPlay. We offer a number of options for new staff or refreshers
AutoPlay Academy (Free of charge to AutoPlay customers)
The AutoPlay Academy is AutoPlay’s e-learning module and covers use of the Sales Pipeline on Desktop, iPad and iPhone. Each series is made up of a range of courses designed to help you get the most out of the Sales Pipeline. Click on the link below to find out more and get started with AutoPlay Academy
Skype ($250 + GST per 4 hours)
Everyone learns in different ways, and sometimes it might be more appropriate to be walked through the AutoPlay Sales Pipeline via Skype. Skype sessions last up to 4 hours and cost $250 + GST. With Skype sessions you can tailor the agenda to suit your dealerships requirements or have one of our trainers recommend training based on the strengths and weaknesses of your sales team. Skype sessions can be one on one, or for multiple salespeople at once.
Face-to-face Training ($1,000 + GST for full days training in dealership + expenses/flights/accommodation if applicable)
For those that prefer face-to-face training AutoPlay can spend the day at your dealership (exact hours dependent on availability of flights). Typically, it’s a good idea to divide the day into 2 sessions to ensure there are always salespeople available on the sales floor. This also ensures smaller sessions which result in more hands-on attention, and more willingness to get involved. AutoPlay Sales Pipeline training is hands on and is perfect for both new salespeople and as refreshers for existing salespeople. As with Skype training, dealerships can tailor their own specialised training or let AutoPlay’s experienced trainers recommend best practice.
“Just wanting to pass on my appreciation for your efforts today at our dealership. You gave me a couple of really helpful things that we will be able to utilise going forward. Thanks again, look forward to your next visit”
Spending time with AutoPlay staff members can yield great results. At AutoPlay we don’t just want you to pay for our product. We want to help dealerships connect buyers and sellers and we firmly believe that if your dealership takes advantage of the functionality available within the Sales Pipeline, you’ll improve accuracy, efficiency and transparency throughout the dealership.
To book training with AutoPlay or enrol in the AutoPlay Academy contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
At AutoPlay we've always been all about integration. Wherever possible we've looked to integrate our AutoPlay Sales Pipeline with other 3rd Party systems such as DMS and CRM systems, through to vehicle checks via MotorWeb, CarJam and Motorcentral.
Provident Insurance are 100% kiwi owned and driven - just like AutoPlay. So when the opportunity came up for AutoPlay to integrate with Provident Insurance it proved to be a no brainer. For mutual customers that use Provident Insurance as their insurance provider, salespeople are able to tap a button to easily push info across to the Provident Insurance system - jump starting the Insurance Application process.
Once complete, salespeople can jump into the Provident Insurance system without having to retype all the customer or vehicle information already captured in AutoPlay. From there, it's a simple case of completing any information required by Provident that is not able to be supplied via AutoPlay in order to finish the insurance application.
How do I get started?
1. If you are already a customer and want to take advantage of this feature then the first step is to contact AutoPlay via email@example.com to request set up. The purpose of this email is to give AutoPlay written permission to send customer and lead data to Provident Insurance.
2. Once we have permission, AutoPlay will contact Provident Insurance and request your unique Provident ID Number.
3. Once supplied by Provident, AutoPlay will set up API access using your unique ID as the key to send data from AutoPlay Sales Pipeline to Provident Insurance.
4. Once the export record is set up as per (3), the Provident Insurance option will be visible within the FINANCE & INSURANCE button.
5. Once the button is visible when you wish to start a new Insurance application with Provident Insurance just open the lead with the customer who wishes to apply and click Finance & Insurance>Provident Insurance.
VIEW SAMPLE FILE
The weather may have taken a turn for the worse recently, but Lead, Test Drive and Sales activity remains buoyant. Following a strong May, June 2018 saw the number of Leads generated increase by 6.2%, Test Drives increase by 5.9% and Sales by 1.2%.
For the second consecutive month the number of leads from the ‘Web – Dealer’ source decreased – by 1.2% from May to June. As expected with Fieldays activity we experienced a 30.8% increase in the number of leads generated to dealers by their ‘Brand’. After a significant increase in leads from ‘Web Classified’ sources last month, this source again accounted for the 3rd most leads and increased by 5.7% from May to June 2018.
After the volume of Test Drives from the ‘Web – Dealer’ source decreased in May, the source rebounded to increase by 17.3% from month to month. Test Drives attributed to the ‘Direct’ source again occupied second spot and increased by 7.8% from May to June. Test Drives from ‘Brand’ generated leads did increase – by 4.9% - but perhaps less than expected from the higher volume of Fieldays leads. This potentially means that Fieldays activity has been a bit slow to translate to Test Drives, and potentially means we may see a proportionate increase in Test Drives from the ‘Brand’ source in future months.
In June 2018 there was a change in the status quo for Sales tracking. Whilst ‘Web – Dealer’ retained the top spot and increased by 8.9% from May to June 2018. However, whilst in May ‘Repeat’ and ‘Direct’ accounted for the 2nd and 3rd most Sales by source, these sources were overtaken by ‘Web Classified’ (up 27.4% from May 2018) and ‘Brand’ (up 32.9%) respectively.
Make sure to check in next month to find out the top sources of Leads, Test Drives and Sales for kiwi dealers in July. Lead Source reports are just one of the reports available to dealerships and OEM’s who use AutoPlay Sales Pipeline. To find out more about the range of reports available via AutoPlay contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 9 361 1505.
AutoPlay Sales Pipeline is a pre-sales lead management tool designed for dealerships, dealer groups and automakers