So much of the focus is on generating new leads, that dealerships sometimes neglect to work the leads they have already generated. In this day and age potential customers are not contacting your dealership for s**ts and giggles - they have made contact because they are interested in buying a car.
We all know that most dealers are only closing 20-25% of their leads, which makes it critically important that you have the right tools to help you follow up with the majority of customers who are not purchasing from you. AutoPlay has a number of built-in tools to help dealerships focus on retargeting leads they have already spent money to acquire.
AutoPlay Sales Pipeline includes the built-in functionality to send video eDM’s to your captured leads. Sending Live Leads is integrated with the Sales Pipeline Dashboard and allows dealerships to target specific types of leads that they have already captured in the past.
1. Capture your leads as per business-as-usual
2. At the end of the month review your leads and decide on who you want to target
3. Click on LIVE LEADS then click on the + CREATE NEW LIVE LEADS EMAIL button on Desktop or iOS
4. Choose whether you want to manually set follow up, or use your default follow up settings (i.e create a calendar follow up automatically if a recipient watches X videos)
5. Select your Live Leads template and who you want to send the email from
6. Write a Subject Line and an intro message if required, and click SAVE
7. Select your Listings. Only listings with videos are included so if your desired listing does not have a listing go into the Listings screen and build a video via the burger menu>Listing>Rebuild MP4
8. Click on BUILD RECPIENT LIST to build a list of recipients for your email. You can select from any combination of leads including targeting only those that enquired on certain make/models, or those that only made it to Test Drive
9. Once you have built your list click SAVE and you can VIEW RECORDS to see who your email will be sent to. Your recipient list will be built from the leads you have previously captured.
10. PREVIEW and SEND your email
11. Once sent, wait a couple of hours and then you can click on RESULTS to view which recipients have opened the email, and watched videos. You can click on the VIEWED column to see which individual vehicles they viewed within the email
12. If you have your follow up set to automatic, AutoPlay will automatically create follow up calendar events against anyone that meets your follow up threshold – i.e. they watched at least 3 videos.
13. If you prefer to manually control your follow up you can select the leads you want to follow up with and click on the CREATE NEW LEAD button. This will create a new lead if your lead is closed, or add a calendar event if your lead is still open
14. Follow up your hot leads via the Dashboard
15. Next month, rinse and repeat. It is recommended that you don’t contact the same recipient more than once a month. Practically it is easier to create smaller, target groups that give your sales team a better chance of actually following up individually with recipients who interact with your email
You can read more about Live Leads here https://www.theplaybook.co.nz/playbook/coming-soon-integrated-live-leads
IN MARKET LEADS
As well as using Live Leads to qualify who to follow up with, you can also use In Market Leads to identify potential customers that might be interested when you lower the price of a vehicle, or a new vehicle comes into stock.
1. Capture your leads as per business-as-usual – making sure to qualify them to a vehicle
2. Every week check your IN MARKET LEADS screen. The In Market Leads screen is set up to show listings that have been recently added, or listings that have had a recent price decrease. There is a default setting for your dealership, but you can create your own preference using the PREFERENCES button
3. The In Market Leads screen will automatically return the Leads that have enquiries on similar cars to your new/price dropped listings. A Lead is identified as being similar based on the In Market Leads settings you have in PREFERENCES
4. It is recommended that you play with these settings to ensure you get a good balance between returning enough leads to follow up with, and returning too many leads to reasonably do anything with. A good starting point is match on Make, Model, Year (-1 to + 1) or Price (- $2500 to +$2500). Alternatively swap out make and model for Body Type if your customers are flexible on models
5. If you find a matching lead that you feel might be interested in the new/price dropped listing you can click on the record to view the lead, and + to schedule follow up. In Market Leads creates the perfect opportunity to communicate with leads that might have gone cold, with the introduction of a similar car that may tickle their fancy
You can read more about In Market Leads here https://www.theplaybook.co.nz/playbook/introducing-in-market-leads-making-buyer-matching-easy
ARTICLE TAKEN FROM AUTOTALK MAGAZINE - http://autotalk.co.nz/news/ny-marathon-run-family-thrive
AutoPlay founder Craig Brown is stepping out of his comfort zone to take on the New York Marathon – all for a good cause.
Brown, whose company provides dealers with digital sales tools, wants to support the family of his friend Mark, who died last year, after a long battle with mental health problems.
Brown’s goal is two-fold – to raise about $25,000 that will help provide Mark’s daughter with an assistance dog, alongside boosting awareness about suicide prevention.
“My mate Mark was an absolute champion,” Brown says.
“He had been suffering from mental health issues, but we all thought he was in a good space.”
Brown says he made the decision to run the marathon at Mark’s funeral, along with fellow friend Isaac Piper.
“I have never been a marathon runner and never seen myself as one.
“But we thought what could we do to support Mark’s family
“We thought ‘stuff it, we’ll run the New York marathon.’
“Running the marathon means we can make it an annual event.”
Training for the event has been tough on Brown’s knees after years of martial arts participation, with 24km the longest distance he’s managed so far.
“But all the pain will be worth it if we can raise enough money to get the assistance dog for Mark’s daughter,” he says.
Brown and Piper are also covering their own entry costs and flights.
“Every cent we raise will go to the family.”
If people are struggling with their mental health, Brown says they shouldn’t be afraid to ask for help.
“Once it gets hold of you, it can be pretty relentless.“
“There’s lots of support networks out there for people. It’s quite a big step to go to a support group.
“Or if you don’t want to go to a support group, talk to your mates.”
WATCH A SHORT VIDEO ABOUT CRAIGS TRAINING
TO DONATE TO THE CAUSE VISIT THE GIVE A LITTLE PAGE
New Zealand's place for all things EV - EV sales, parts and accessories, news and articles and user reviews.
The awareness of electric vehicles is growing throughout the subconscious of NZ, and with this increase in consideration of electric vehicles the need for a specialty site dedicated to electric vehicles is growing. To meet this need EV Sales has launched a new listing site dedicated to EV.
AutoPlay are pleased to announce that AutoPlay customers will now be able to export their listings to EV Sales directly through AutoPlay Studio. Simply click on the link below to register for an EV Sales account. Once we’ve set you up you won’t need to do anything extra to get your listings on EV Sales – every vehicle you load with the Fuel Type = Electric will automatically be exported from AutoPlay to EV Sales.
EV Sales have hooked up to our AutoPlay listing API so the moment you load a listing, it will be live on EV Sales. The site has been built fully responsive, so will work on all devices and is tailored specifically to showcase electric vehicles. EV Sales will also post your listings to their social media channels – further gaining exposure for your EV stock. The cost of listing on EV Sales starts from as little as $15 per month.
You can register your interest in advertising on EV Sales via https://evsales.nz/account/register
For a limited time enter the promo code “AUTOPLAY” and get your first month free
In addition, to further show our support for the electric vehicle movement, when we launch our new HTML application in the first quarter next year it will include new fields specially suited to Electric Vehicles such as ‘Range’ and ‘kwh’
As reported recently in Autotalk, September was a rough month for sales. For AutoPlay customers we saw similar results as Sales fell by 2.9% in September, following a decrease in leads of 3.1% in August. Despite this bad news, both Leads (up 1.9% from August) and Test Drives (up 1.7% from August) increased in September – a positive signpost indicating that there is a good chance Sales may bounce back in October
The top 3 sources of Leads remained the same in September with ‘Web – Dealer’, ‘Web – Classified’ and ‘Brand’ making up the 3 most common lead sources in September. Although Leads increased by 1.9% overall, of the top 3 sources only ‘Brand’ Leads increased (up 2.0%), with leads from the dealership websites decreasing by 9.0% and leads from classified websites decreasing by 6.5%
The top source of Test Drives in September remained ‘Web – Dealer’ – which increased by 6.0% from August 2018. ‘Brand’ and ‘Direct’ swapped places with an increase in Test Drives from ‘Brand’ leads of 11.4% enabling it to jump ‘Brand’ which only increased by 1.7%.
For the second straight month the number of Sales continued to decrease with Sales attributed to ‘Web – Dealer’ leads decreasing by 6.2%, Sales attributed to ‘Repeat’ leads decreasing by 9.9% and Sales attributed to ‘Web – Classified’ decreasing by 2.8%.
Make sure to check in next month to find out the top sources of Leads, Test Drives and Sales for dealerships in October 2018. Lead Source reports are just one of the reports available to dealerships and OEM’s who use AutoPlay Sales Pipeline. To find out more about the range of reports available via AutoPlay contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 9 361 1505.
AutoPlay Sales Pipeline is a pre-sales lead management tool designed for dealerships, dealer groups and automakers