So much of the focus is on generating new leads, that dealerships sometimes neglect to work the leads they have already generated. In this day and age potential customers are not contacting your dealership for s**ts and giggles - they have made contact because they are interested in buying a car.
We all know that most dealers are only closing 20-25% of their leads, which makes it critically important that you have the right tools to help you follow up with the majority of customers who are not purchasing from you. AutoPlay has a number of built-in tools to help dealerships focus on retargeting leads they have already spent money to acquire.
AutoPlay Sales Pipeline includes the built-in functionality to send video eDM’s to your captured leads. Sending Live Leads is integrated with the Sales Pipeline Dashboard and allows dealerships to target specific types of leads that they have already captured in the past.
1. Capture your leads as per business-as-usual
2. At the end of the month review your leads and decide on who you want to target
3. Click on LIVE LEADS then click on the + CREATE NEW LIVE LEADS EMAIL button on Desktop or iOS
4. Choose whether you want to manually set follow up, or use your default follow up settings (i.e create a calendar follow up automatically if a recipient watches X videos)
5. Select your Live Leads template and who you want to send the email from
6. Write a Subject Line and an intro message if required, and click SAVE
7. Select your Listings. Only listings with videos are included so if your desired listing does not have a listing go into the Listings screen and build a video via the burger menu>Listing>Rebuild MP4
8. Click on BUILD RECPIENT LIST to build a list of recipients for your email. You can select from any combination of leads including targeting only those that enquired on certain make/models, or those that only made it to Test Drive
9. Once you have built your list click SAVE and you can VIEW RECORDS to see who your email will be sent to. Your recipient list will be built from the leads you have previously captured.
10. PREVIEW and SEND your email
11. Once sent, wait a couple of hours and then you can click on RESULTS to view which recipients have opened the email, and watched videos. You can click on the VIEWED column to see which individual vehicles they viewed within the email
12. If you have your follow up set to automatic, AutoPlay will automatically create follow up calendar events against anyone that meets your follow up threshold – i.e. they watched at least 3 videos.
13. If you prefer to manually control your follow up you can select the leads you want to follow up with and click on the CREATE NEW LEAD button. This will create a new lead if your lead is closed, or add a calendar event if your lead is still open
14. Follow up your hot leads via the Dashboard
15. Next month, rinse and repeat. It is recommended that you don’t contact the same recipient more than once a month. Practically it is easier to create smaller, target groups that give your sales team a better chance of actually following up individually with recipients who interact with your email
You can read more about Live Leads here https://www.theplaybook.co.nz/playbook/coming-soon-integrated-live-leads
IN MARKET LEADS
As well as using Live Leads to qualify who to follow up with, you can also use In Market Leads to identify potential customers that might be interested when you lower the price of a vehicle, or a new vehicle comes into stock.
1. Capture your leads as per business-as-usual – making sure to qualify them to a vehicle
2. Every week check your IN MARKET LEADS screen. The In Market Leads screen is set up to show listings that have been recently added, or listings that have had a recent price decrease. There is a default setting for your dealership, but you can create your own preference using the PREFERENCES button
3. The In Market Leads screen will automatically return the Leads that have enquiries on similar cars to your new/price dropped listings. A Lead is identified as being similar based on the In Market Leads settings you have in PREFERENCES
4. It is recommended that you play with these settings to ensure you get a good balance between returning enough leads to follow up with, and returning too many leads to reasonably do anything with. A good starting point is match on Make, Model, Year (-1 to + 1) or Price (- $2500 to +$2500). Alternatively swap out make and model for Body Type if your customers are flexible on models
5. If you find a matching lead that you feel might be interested in the new/price dropped listing you can click on the record to view the lead, and + to schedule follow up. In Market Leads creates the perfect opportunity to communicate with leads that might have gone cold, with the introduction of a similar car that may tickle their fancy
You can read more about In Market Leads here https://www.theplaybook.co.nz/playbook/introducing-in-market-leads-making-buyer-matching-easy
Did you know you can use your iPad or iPhones built in dictation feature to record what you want to say, and the iPad/iPhone will automatically convert your words into text. For those of us that are slow typists, this feature can be quite useful as it makes compiling emails within the Sales Pipeline even easier than it already is with Standard Responses and our built in video tool.
Dictation won't work on every field within the Sales Pipeline - for example Customer Email and Customer Mobile. You'll know if you can dictate if when you open the keyboard to type you see a microphone icon - as pictured above. The function is available in the Notes fields on leads, and on the Messages field when crafting a Email Response. Simply hit the microphone icon and start talking. You will notice that your words begin to appear on screen as iOS converts them to text. From our experiments we've found this feature to be quite accurate across a range of diverse kiwi and aussie accents, however remember to speak slowly and clearly for best results.
If you are not seeing the microphone icon on your keyboard then you will need to activate this function. To do so;
1. Open SETTINGS on your iPad or iPhone Home screen.
2. Tap GENERAL.
3. Tap KEYBOARD.
4. Tap on the On/Off toggle next to ENABLE DICTATION. Green means Dictation is on, grey mean it is off.
If you want to find out more about the AutoPlay Email Response Tool contact email@example.com with any questions or to arrange training.
Over the past 12 months you might have noticed our Dealer Solutions Manager Jackie Hingston in your dealership as we’ve made a concerted effort to get around and visit all our customers. As part of Jackie’s visit she was conducting a review of each dealerships strengths and weaknesses. However, the good news is that you don’t need to wait until AutoPlay visits you in order to conduct your own self review.
If you feel like your dealership is below average at utilising the AutoPlay Sales Pipeline then the areas to focus on that will provide you with the most improvement are;
· Tell us what you did (i.e load leads and update the Progress)
· Tell us what you are going to do (i.e use the Calendar)
You can measure the number of leads loaded by each salesperson by using the Lead Summary and Conversion or Daily Activity Reports. Simply open the report, select your date range and open the salesperson section to have the report display by salesperson.
The Sales Pipeline Report will give you a breakdown of whether your dealership is progressing the leads being loaded. The goal is to ensure that there is not a disproportionate amount of leads sitting at Awaiting Action, and also allows the dealership to identify areas where the leads are stalling through the road-to-a-sale.
The Morning Meeting Report can be used in order to report back on how well the sales team are using the calendar. It will give managers an instant view of how many calendar events each salesperson has created for the day, and how many are complete.
Once you’ve mastered Level 1, it’s time to advance to Level 2. Whilst Level 1 focuses on simply what you’ve done and what you are going to do, Level 2 ups the game. If you can achieve mastery of Level 2 you will be a competent user of AutoPlay Sales Pipeline;
· Are you using the Test Drive Forms AND making sure to mark your Test Drives as DONE when the customer finishes the Test Drive?
· Are you using the Appraisal Form and benefitting from the MotorWeb/MotorCentral/CarJam integration?
· Are you using the Calendar effectively to minimise the amount of leads falling into Overdue or Stalled?
· Are you using the Morning Meeting Report to help with your daily one-on-ones with the sales team?
· Are you using the Sales Pipeline Report to identify the areas in the road to a sale where your leads are stalling?
· Are you using the Lead Summary and Conversion Report to determine your conversion to Test Drive and Sales?
If you can answer yes to all the questions in Level 1 & Level 2 then congrats – you are more than likely using the Sales Pipeline effectively. That said, it’s time to take it to the next level;
· Do you enter salesperson Lead, Test Drive and Sales targets and measure against this month and last month using the Daily Activity Performance Report?
· Do you enter Lead Source and Lead Campaign costs to measure ROI in the Lead Source and Marketing ROI reports within AutoPlay reporting?
· Have you compared the number of leads at Awaiting Action to your normal Test Drive and Sales conversion figures to determine how much money is sitting in your captured data?
· Do you take advantage of Live Leads to target the captured leads you have yet to sell to? Live Leads allows you to build an audience based on your previously captured leads, and automatically schedule follow up based on their interaction with your email.
· Have you got into In Market Leads yet? In Market Leads is a great way to immediately link potential interested buyers when the dealership loads new listings or lowers the price of existing listings.
We’ve worked hard to make sure the AutoPlay Sales Pipeline is easy to use and intuitive, and we’re proud that many users can pick up the software and with a minimum of assistance start managing their leads via the Dashboard. That said we understand that the primary job of a salesperson is to sell cars, not learn software. From time-to-time it can be beneficial for sales people to have a refresher on AutoPlay. We offer a number of options for new staff or refreshers
AutoPlay Academy (Free of charge to AutoPlay customers)
The AutoPlay Academy is AutoPlay’s e-learning module and covers use of the Sales Pipeline on Desktop, iPad and iPhone. Each series is made up of a range of courses designed to help you get the most out of the Sales Pipeline. Click on the link below to find out more and get started with AutoPlay Academy
Skype ($250 + GST per 4 hours)
Everyone learns in different ways, and sometimes it might be more appropriate to be walked through the AutoPlay Sales Pipeline via Skype. Skype sessions last up to 4 hours and cost $250 + GST. With Skype sessions you can tailor the agenda to suit your dealerships requirements or have one of our trainers recommend training based on the strengths and weaknesses of your sales team. Skype sessions can be one on one, or for multiple salespeople at once.
Face-to-face Training ($1,000 + GST for full days training in dealership + expenses/flights/accommodation if applicable)
For those that prefer face-to-face training AutoPlay can spend the day at your dealership (exact hours dependent on availability of flights). Typically, it’s a good idea to divide the day into 2 sessions to ensure there are always salespeople available on the sales floor. This also ensures smaller sessions which result in more hands-on attention, and more willingness to get involved. AutoPlay Sales Pipeline training is hands on and is perfect for both new salespeople and as refreshers for existing salespeople. As with Skype training, dealerships can tailor their own specialised training or let AutoPlay’s experienced trainers recommend best practice.
“Just wanting to pass on my appreciation for your efforts today at our dealership. You gave me a couple of really helpful things that we will be able to utilise going forward. Thanks again, look forward to your next visit”
Spending time with AutoPlay staff members can yield great results. At AutoPlay we don’t just want you to pay for our product. We want to help dealerships connect buyers and sellers and we firmly believe that if your dealership takes advantage of the functionality available within the Sales Pipeline, you’ll improve accuracy, efficiency and transparency throughout the dealership.
To book training with AutoPlay or enrol in the AutoPlay Academy contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
At AutoPlay we've always been all about integration. Wherever possible we've looked to integrate our AutoPlay Sales Pipeline with other 3rd Party systems such as DMS and CRM systems, through to vehicle checks via MotorWeb, CarJam and Motorcentral.
Provident Insurance are 100% kiwi owned and driven - just like AutoPlay. So when the opportunity came up for AutoPlay to integrate with Provident Insurance it proved to be a no brainer. For mutual customers that use Provident Insurance as their insurance provider, salespeople are able to tap a button to easily push info across to the Provident Insurance system - jump starting the Insurance Application process.
Once complete, salespeople can jump into the Provident Insurance system without having to retype all the customer or vehicle information already captured in AutoPlay. From there, it's a simple case of completing any information required by Provident that is not able to be supplied via AutoPlay in order to finish the insurance application.
How do I get started?
1. If you are already a customer and want to take advantage of this feature then the first step is to contact AutoPlay via email@example.com to request set up. The purpose of this email is to give AutoPlay written permission to send customer and lead data to Provident Insurance.
2. Once we have permission, AutoPlay will contact Provident Insurance and request your unique Provident ID Number.
3. Once supplied by Provident, AutoPlay will set up API access using your unique ID as the key to send data from AutoPlay Sales Pipeline to Provident Insurance.
4. Once the export record is set up as per (3), the Provident Insurance option will be visible within the FINANCE & INSURANCE button.
5. Once the button is visible when you wish to start a new Insurance application with Provident Insurance just open the lead with the customer who wishes to apply and click Finance & Insurance>Provident Insurance.
VIEW SAMPLE FILE
The weather may have taken a turn for the worse recently, but Lead, Test Drive and Sales activity remains buoyant. Following a strong May, June 2018 saw the number of Leads generated increase by 6.2%, Test Drives increase by 5.9% and Sales by 1.2%.
For the second consecutive month the number of leads from the ‘Web – Dealer’ source decreased – by 1.2% from May to June. As expected with Fieldays activity we experienced a 30.8% increase in the number of leads generated to dealers by their ‘Brand’. After a significant increase in leads from ‘Web Classified’ sources last month, this source again accounted for the 3rd most leads and increased by 5.7% from May to June 2018.
After the volume of Test Drives from the ‘Web – Dealer’ source decreased in May, the source rebounded to increase by 17.3% from month to month. Test Drives attributed to the ‘Direct’ source again occupied second spot and increased by 7.8% from May to June. Test Drives from ‘Brand’ generated leads did increase – by 4.9% - but perhaps less than expected from the higher volume of Fieldays leads. This potentially means that Fieldays activity has been a bit slow to translate to Test Drives, and potentially means we may see a proportionate increase in Test Drives from the ‘Brand’ source in future months.
In June 2018 there was a change in the status quo for Sales tracking. Whilst ‘Web – Dealer’ retained the top spot and increased by 8.9% from May to June 2018. However, whilst in May ‘Repeat’ and ‘Direct’ accounted for the 2nd and 3rd most Sales by source, these sources were overtaken by ‘Web Classified’ (up 27.4% from May 2018) and ‘Brand’ (up 32.9%) respectively.
Make sure to check in next month to find out the top sources of Leads, Test Drives and Sales for kiwi dealers in July. Lead Source reports are just one of the reports available to dealerships and OEM’s who use AutoPlay Sales Pipeline. To find out more about the range of reports available via AutoPlay contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 9 361 1505.
Events play an important role for many marketers. According to Lead Liaison (another overseas company in this space), 58% of marketers have used an event lead management solution or lead capture tool at a live event. Despite this only 34% of marketers use new referrals, quality of leads and sales closure to measure event ROI (Marketing Charts 2013).
In addition, over 80% of marketers cannot quantify the data they collect during events, yet 46% of marketers view generating leads as the main reason to attend events and trade shows. Most damningly of all, some sources suggest 75% of all leads are never followed up with after an exhibition.
When you consider that some exhibitors are using paper forms to capture their potential leads at events these figures start to make sense. Inevitably it’s a lot of work to type out all the details on the form into a spreadsheet, and then distribute that spreadsheet out to their dealer network – not to mention chase up individual dealers and salespeople to see where they got to following up their leads.
In the last few years AutoPlay has been working with a number of brands to improve the efficiency of their lead capture at various events, and more importantly making their follow up considerably easier. There are several approaches on how AutoPlay can be utilised at events to help capture more leads;
1. “Cold walk ins, light touch approach”
Collect leads via a very simple web form that feeds leads into your Sales Pipeline Dashboard
+ Can design your own custom form especially for this event – making it as simple as you need it to be
+ Web form is a one-way push to Sales Pipeline and as such can work much better when internet is patchy
+ Don’t need the Sales Pipeline on-site. Can access the web form on any device that has an internet connection
- Doesn’t allow for any customer lookup – meaning there is no opportunity to prequalify event attendees
- Cannot link a database to pre-event marketing activity
2. “Pre-qualified, integrated marketing approach”
In conjunction with marketing activity prior to the event you can pre-qualify leads that are likely to attend the event. These leads can be sent from a CRM to AutoPlay Sales Pipeline – allowing salespeople to lookup pre-qualified leads during the event.
+ Ties in with pre-event marketing to ensure ROI tracking is linked from start to finish
+ Pre-qualified customers are further down the decision channel and this streamlines the experience during the event
+ Minimises chances of duplicate customers or duplicate leads
+ Enables salespeople to use built in tools such as database lookups, business card and drivers licence scanning
- Looking up a database of thousands of leads can require a reliable internet connection – something that is not always guaranteed at events and trade shows
- More pre-event work required to pre-qualify leads
- No ability to provide customers with a simplified lead capture form – leads entered manually at the event must be manually entered to the Sales Pipeline
Why capture leads with AutoPlay during events?
The most obvious answer is in order to track ROI of how many potential leads are generated during the event. However, it goes much further than this. By capturing leads via AutoPlay dealerships and OEM’s benefit greatly in the weeks and months following;
If you are interested in using AutoPlay for events talk to email@example.com about the approach that would be suitable for your dealership/brand.
The latest version of AutoPlay is now available for download from the App Store. Make sure to grab the latest version to take advantage of all the changes listed below. Additionally, if you use the Desktop Studio make sure to log out, close the browser window and reopen the application to apply the latest update.
The In Market Leads screen is visible to any user with the ‘In Market Leads’ role. If a user is ticked as ‘Manager’ within the role the user will receive the daily In Market Leads Report email. The visibility of matches in the In Market Leads screens is linked to the Lead Manager role.
If the user is a Lead Manager they can see matches against leads from users they share the Lead Manager role with. If not ticked as a Manager user sees matches against only leads they have allocated to them.
IN MARKET LEADS PREFERENCES & SETTINGS
The In Market Leads screen can be set up at the Dealership/Yard level or for individual users.
1. If the In Market Leads role is enabled but no Settings or Preferences are established the matching criteria will default to the below;
2. The Dealership can also choose to customise the criteria that determines the matching via SETTINGS>SALES PIPELINE SETTINGS>IN MARKET MATCHING. The settings selected here will become the default for every user within the account.
Note ticking the Variant, Body Type, Transmission etc will mean that the In Market Leads will only match when there are exact matches for all of the fields ticked. If you do not want to risk missing out on matching leads it is recommended you select less rigid matching criteria. It is also possible to select a range for the Odometer, Year and Price.
3. It is also possible for individual Users to set their own preferences for In Market Matching. Users can do this via the PREFERENCES button located on the right-hand side of the IN MARKET LEADS screen. Any selections made here will become the default for the logged in user and will take priority over the dealership/yard wide settings determined in the IN MARKET MATCHING screen.
NOTE – All settings screens available on Desktop Studio only.
IN MARKET LEADS
The In Market Leads screen is available via SALES PIPELINE>IN MARKET LEADS. In Market Leads are those that the dealership/user has determined might be potentially interested in the new listing/price change. In Market Leads appear in the screen when;
a. A new listing is added and there are leads that match the criteria within In Market Matching or Preferences (new listings require a Price >$0 to match).
b. An existing listing price is decreased and there are leads that match the criteria within In Market Matching or Preferences (either Price or Special Price fields).
MATCHING IN MARKET LEADS
The In Market Leads screen displays the listing that has been added/price decreased and all of the different leads that have matched based on the criteria set in IN MARKET LEADS MATCHING or IN MARKET LEAD PREFERENCES.
Users can then choose to either View the Lead (via the > in Desktop or by tapping on the record in iOS). They can also opt to ignore the lead (user specific) which will remove the lead from being matched against this Listings.
If the salesperson/manager determines that the customer on the matching lead might be interested in this new vehicle they can opt to ADD AS PRIMARY LISTING or ADD AS OTHER LISTING.
This will make the new listing either the primary listing, or one of the secondary listings. Any listing that was previously on the lead will be moved to the Previous Listing section. This information is tracked and will be available in a report in the future*
If the lead is OPEN then the listing will be updated with the Primary Listing. If the lead is CLOSED then a new lead is created with the matched In Market listing.
*Initially only available to AutoPlay but can be accessed on demand. Reporting presentation TBC
NOTIFICATIONS ON MATCHING IN MARKET LEADS
The system will trigger an in-app notification whenever there is a New Listing or Price Decrease that matches with the users leads based on the specified criteria.
The notification is visible on the Home screen within iOS, and also on the Notifications icon on both the Desktop and iOS from the lead Dashboard. The Notification will show the user the listing that has been added/modified, as well as the number of potential matching leads. Clicking on the notification will open up the In Market Leads detail screen.
If the user is set up as a Manager in the In Market Leads role they will also receive an email every day at 8am with any matching In Market Leads. This email will show all the listings added or those that had price decreases the previous day.
This can be turned off by unticking the user as a Manager in the In Market Leads role as this has no impact on visibility of matching leads. Additionally the user can untick the 'Create Listing Notifications' and 'Send Daily Notifications' options within the Preferences screen.
If you would like In Market Leads set up for your dealership contact AutoPlay Support on firstname.lastname@example.org or (0064) 9 361 1505.
Overall May 2018 was a strong month for activity at NZ Dealerships with increases across the board for all the KPI’s we measure. From April to May the number of Leads increased by 21.1%, Test Drives increased by 9.7% and Sales recorded increased by 10.4%. This represents a significant swing from April where both Leads and Test Drives dropped by over 5% each.
The usual sources were again generating the most leads with ‘Web – Dealer’, ‘Brand’ and ‘Web Classified’ occupying the top 3 spots. However, whilst leads from dealerships websites dropped for the first time in a few months (‘Web – Dealer’ down by 13.1%), leads from the ‘Brand’ (up 48.5%) and ‘Web – Classified’ (up 73.6%) both increased significantly.
In May ‘Web – Dealer’ was again the top source of Test Drives amongst AutoPlay customers, however decreased by 5.3% from April to May 2018. ‘Direct’ still accounts for the second most leads (up 4.2%) and ‘Brand’ leads generate the 3rd most Test Drives (up 14.4% from April).
In April the ‘Web – Dealer’ source was again the most common source of Sales, however after a sizeable increase from March to April, the volume decreased by 9.1% from April to May. The ‘Repeat’ source continues to proportionately account for a larger number of Sales than many other sources and increased by 6.9%. May also saw Sales from ‘Direct’ contact increase by 18.1% - displacing ‘Web – Classified’ from the podium.
With Fieldays in early June we are sure to see a surge in Leads, Test Drives and Sales from the Brand reflected in next month’s results. Make sure to read the next issue of The PlayBook to see what sources of leads were popular in June amongst kiwi dealerships.
AutoPlay Sales Pipeline is a pre-sales lead management tool designed for dealerships, dealer groups and automakers