Technology & Transactional Data Representation for the Auto Industry
The newly established National Auto Industry Technology Association has been formed by founding members; Darryn Crothall - General Manager – TSI, David Boshier - General Manager – AutoPlay, and Mark Greenfield - General Manager - Limelight Software (Motorcentral).
“We felt whilst there are other associations within the industry that have done and do an outstanding job for their respective members and the segments they represent, there was still a need for total industry representation from a technology perspective. Collectively we have had growing numbers of dealerships asking for something that they can be members of, which can represent them with regards to this ever evolving segment around technology and the use of data”
As the interaction between consumers and dealerships continues to grow in a virtual environment, NAITA plans to be well positioned to aid the industry in adapting to expectations of consumers, governing bodies and service providers.
NAITA aims to provide its members and the industry with:
- Standardisation – connectivity standards between suppliers/service providers, classifications of vehicles and consistency of data. This leads to creating efficiencies, reducing costs to businesses and the end consumer.
- Compliance –disclosure & legislative real world impact around transactional data at point of sale.
- Liaison/Voice/A trusted independent - helping government/council understand the needs of the industry. A source of data collection for utilisation that better informs users enhancing the benefits of purchasing within the dealer network.
- Training – supporting and innovating national and global standards. The industry needs to educate the public through actions as to the difference between purchasing privately, and through a dealership.
NAITA’s first call to action is they will be seeking to apply on behalf of their members for special authorisation from the NZTA to access the Motor Vehicle Register as a representative body, with disciplinary powers. This has come about from the upcoming changes to Class Authorisation for access to the MVR, which comes into effect in October this year.
NAITA provide key advantages with regard to this authorisation for its member and the NZTA around;
- Compliance and tracking of transactions and usage
- Ability to provide training and eLearning on correct usage and compliance
- Full ability to audit transactions down to user level
- The speedy completion of vehicle transaction at point of sale and or service
- A single point of communication
- Ability to limit or remove access based on miss-use
- A high-level of security around all data and customer information
- Technology and how it is used within the motor industry.
The three initial founding members of NAITA are technology providers within the motor industry with collectively over 1000 dealerships across new & used, over 2500 aftermarket suppliers, and over 15,000 users daily. Membership will be available to corporate suppliers within the industry along with respective networks of AutoPlay, TSI and Motorcentral.
We are very excited and passionate about the future of the motor industry within New Zealand, especially with what can be achieved if we collaboratively work together to ensure its long term success.
If anyone wishes to make contact with NAITA regarding membership, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
National Auto Industry Technology Association
email@example.com +64 21502289
AutoPlay Sales Pipeline is a pre-sales lead management tool designed for dealerships, dealer groups and automakers